5 Good Tips for Joining a Group of Kids
1. Think about which kids are friendly. Try to join those kids.
2. Think about which kids like the same things you like. Try to join those kids.
3. It is easier to join one person or a group of four or more.
4. Remember “no” does not always mean “never”. It could mean “not right now” or “try again later.” So try at least three different times to join a group of kids (not always on the same day.)
5. Observe the activity you want to join. Try to fit in by imitating what the others are doing. Do not try to change what the other children are playing.
From Sopris West Educational Services 2004.
Concepts of Being a Good Friend
· Being fair
· Having fun
· Having similar interests
· Celebrating differences